FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press contact: Lucy Pollak
email@example.com (818) 887-1499 (for media only)
Odyssey Theatre offers kaleidoscope of dance with
3rd annual ‘Dance at the Odyssey’ festival
Dance at the Odyssey 2019 — Odyssey Theatre Ensemble celebrates the art of dance with its third annual festival.
• Saturday, Jan. 5 at 8 p.m. /Sunday, Jan. 6 at 2 p.m.:
Berlin-based choreographer and dancer Shade Théret in “maybe,” a site specific work presented in collaboration with the artist Lukas Panek.
• Friday, Jan 11 at 8 p.m. / Saturday, Jan. 12 at 8 p.m. / Sunday, Jan. 13 at 2 p.m.:
“Be Seen,” from choreographer, performer, visual artist and artistic director of “Acts of Matter” Rebecca Lemme, tells the stories of people who exist only in the margins.
• Thursday, Jan. 17 at 8 p.m. / Friday, Jan 18 at 8 p.m. / Saturday, Jan. 19 at 8 p.m. / Sunday, Jan. 20 at 2 p.m.:
L.A. Contemporary Dance Company presents “The Only Constant,” an evening of new work by choreographer Genevieve Carson that skates the line between composure and chaos.
• Friday, Jan 25 at 8 p.m. / Saturday, Jan. 26 at 8 p.m. / Sunday, Jan. 27 at 2 p.m.:
The TL Collective (choreographer Micaela Taylor) and The JA Collective (choreographers Jordan Johnson and Aidan Carberry) celebrate the hybrid of contemporary dance and hip-hop with “CollectivesDrift.” (Warning: strobe lights will be used during the performance.)
• Saturday, Feb. 2 at 8 p.m. / Sunday, Feb. 3 at 2 p.m.:
Rosanna Tavarez/LA DANSA DANSA presents “Hybrids of Plants and Ghosts,” visceral movement beautifully executed in a visually striking dance theater work inspired by Tavarez’ grandmother, an influential matriarch who was a mother of seven, a street vendor, an immigrant and a fighter lost to Alzheimer’s. (Contains nudity)
• Friday, Feb. 8 at 8 p.m. / Saturday, Feb. 9 at 8 p.m. / Sunday, Feb. 10 at 2 p.m.:
Kevin Williamson & Company presents “Gnarled.” Williamson is joined by movement artists Barry Brannum, Mallory Fabian, Jasmine Jawato, Sebastian Hernandez and Carol McDowell in an evening of collaborative duets ruminating on themes of detachment, pleasure, withdrawal and aging. (Contains nudity and adult themes)
2055 S. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90025