FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact: Lucy Pollak
email@example.com (818) 887-1499 (for media only)
‘Zeitgeist’: an evening of six short,
world premiere plays at the Echo
Zeitgeist— A provocative evening of six world-premiere short works by acclaimed playwrights that explore the prevailing social and political currents.
• Authority, written by Dominic Finocchiaro, directed by Satya Bhabha and featuring Echo Theater Company associate members Sunkrish Bala, Nick Barnes and Kira Powell: Who has the right to tell what stories? A couple’s relationship hinges on the answer.
• American Dream, written by Dipika Guha, directed by Anna LaMadrid and featuring Echo Theater Company associate members Josh Adams, Adrian Gonzalez and Erin Henriques: a contemporary verse comedy inspired by T. S Eliot’s The Wasteland and Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night. When he falls in love at first sight with a woman he sees at Venice Beach, Seb’s world turns upside down.
• Party, written by Celine Song, directed by Charlotte Miller and featuring Echo Theater Company associate members Will Jorge, Arman Marzvaan, Kaiti O’Connor and Rachael Olsem: Soon, our world will end and a new regime will begin. Until then, we are all having a party. Matthew is the only sober person left in the world – and when everyone is intoxicated, sobriety feels like a deviant behavior.
• All the Light, written and directed by Daniel Talbott, featuring Echo Theater Company associate members Ian Bamberg and Joey Stromberg: Two young men meet in a warehouse in a poverty-ravaged industrial town outside of Stockton, CA. Desperate to feel a sense of connection and direction they might never know, they must first understand darkness before they have any hope of finding lasting light.
• Wrightwood Hookup, written by Wes Walker, directed by Riel Paley and featuring Echo Theater Company associate members Jacqueline Besson, Anthony DeGregorio and Libby Woodbridge: Victor from Victorville wants to meet someone tonight. Daphne’s profile looks promising. But when he attempts to meet her at her place in Wrightwood, it turns out she’s twice the woman he’d hoped for.
• Allen’s Love, written and direct by Guy Zimmerman, featuring Echo Theater Company associate members Lindsay Graves Fisher, Alexander Pine and Andrew Villareal: Travel back to the 1960s to imagine a haunted, LSD-triggered encounter between former CIA director Allen Dulles and Mary Pinchot, a woman murdered in the wake of JFK’s
Preview: Sept. 19
Performances: Sept. 20 – Sept. 30
• Wednesday at 8 p.m.: Sept. 19 ONLY (preview)
• Thursday at 8 p.m.: Sept. 20, Sept. 27
• Fridays at 8 p.m.: Sept. 21, Sept. 28
• Saturdays at 8 p.m.: Sept. 22, Sept. 29
• Sundays at 7:30 p.m.: Sept. 23, Sept. 30
The Echo Theater Company
Atwater Village Theatre
3269 Casitas Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90039
Thursdays / Fridays / Saturdays: $34
Preview (Sept. 19): Pay-What-You-Want
FREE in the Atwater Xing lot one block south of the theater