FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact: Lucy Pollak
email@example.com (818) 887-1499 (for media only)
Susan Sullivan, Adam Wylie star when L.A. Theatre Works records
‘Watch on the Rhine’ for radio, podcast, online streaming
Watch on the Rhine — Set in Washington, D.C. on the brink of U.S. involvement in World War II, Lillian Hellman’s suspenseful drama is a timely reminder to keep our eyes open, to remain vigilant and involved. As the clouds of war gather in Europe in the late 1930s, a leader in the German resistance arrives in Washington DC, accompanied by his American wife, Sarah and their children. The Müllers stay at the home of Sarah’s wealthy mother, Fanny Farrelly (Susan Sullivan), who, like most Americans at that time, is unaware of the storm brewing in Europe.
Each of the five performances at UCLA’s state-of-the-art James Bridges Theater will be recorded live in front of an audience for future radio broadcast, distribution on CD, digital download and online streaming. L.A. Theatre Works’ syndicated radio theater series broadcasts weekly on public radio stations across the U.S. (locally, in Southern California, on KPFK 90.7 FM); can be heard daily in China and around the world on the Radio Beijing Network; can be downloaded as a podcast via iTunes and Wondery.com; and can be streamed on demand at www.latw.org.
• Written by Lillian Hellman
• Directed by Rosalind Ayres
• Starring Susan Sullivan (Castle), Jonathan Cake (The Affair), Susannah Fielding (Black Mirror), Matthew Wolf (The Royals), Adam Wylie (Gilmore Girls), Edita Brychta, Lovensky Jean-Baptiste, Taj Jegaraj
• Produced by Susan A. Loewenberg
• Presented by L.A. Theatre Works
• Thursday, Oct. 12 at 8 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 13 at 8 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14 at 3 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 14 at 8 p.m.
• Sunday, Oct. 15 at 4 p.m.
James Bridges Theater
UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television
235 Charles E. Young Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90095
(enter UCLA from Hilgard just south of Sunset Blvd.; park in Lot 3 on the lower level)