FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UPDATED Nov. 14, 2019
Press Contact: Lucy Pollak
firstname.lastname@example.org (818) 887-1499 (for media only)
L.A. Theatre Works records ‘The Hard Problem’ by
Tom Stoppard for radio, podcast, online streaming
Los Angeles premiere of The Hard Problem — Multi-Tony® award-winner Tom Stoppard explores the origins of human consciousness in this hilariously mind-bending comedy. Hannah Murray (Game of Thrones) stars as Hilary, who believes fervently that consciousness is more than the sum of our biology. When Hilary receives a position at a prestigious think tank, she develops a novel experiment to prove that humans are intrinsically altruistic, but the results are something she never anticipated. The cast also includes Eddie Cahill (CSI: NY, Friends), Rosie Fellner (BBC’s The Trip), Desirée Mee Jung (A Noise Within, Antaeus Theatre Company), Adhir Kalyan (Rules of Engagement), Julian Morris (Pretty Little Liars, Hand of God), Moira Quirk (LATW’s The Hound of the Baskervilles) and Alex Wyndham (HBO‘s Rome, BBC’s Little Dorrit, The Crimson Field). Rosalind Ayres directs.
Each of the four performances at UCLA’s state-of-the-art James Bridges Theater will be recorded live in front of an audience for future radio broadcast, distribution on CD, digital download and online streaming. L.A. Theatre Works’ syndicated radio theater series broadcasts weekly on public radio stations across the U.S. (locally, in Southern California, on KPFK 90.7 FM); daily in China and worldwide on the Radio Beijing Network; weekly on KCRW Berlin 104,1 FM, Berlin’s English language public radio station; can be downloaded as a podcast via iTunes and NPR One; and can be streamed on demand at www.latw.org.
• Written by Tom Stoppard
• Directed by Rosalind Ayres
• Starring Hannah Murray (Game of Thrones), Eddie Cahill (CSI: NY, Friends), Rosie Fellner (BBC’s The Trip), Desirée Mee Jung (A Noise Within, Antaeus Theatre Company), Adhir Kalyan (Rules of Engagement), Julian Morris (Pretty Little Liars, Hand of God), Moira Quirk (LATW’s The Hound of the Baskervilles), Alex Wyndham (HBO‘s Rome, BBC’s Little Dorrit, The Crimson Field)
• Produced by Susan Albert Loewenberg
• Presented by L.A. Theatre Works
• Friday, Nov. 15 at 8 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 16 at 3 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 16 at 8 p.m.
• Sunday, Nov. 17 at 4 p.m.
James Bridges Theater
UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television
235 Charles E. Young Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90095
(enter UCLA from Hilgard just south of Sunset Blvd.; park in Lot 3 on the lower level)