FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press contact: Lucy Pollak
[email protected] (818) 887-1499 (for media only)
West Coast premiere of interactive project
‘Letters to Dance’
Letters to Dance — The West Coast premiere of a free, worldwide interactive project via which participants share their love and memories of dance in their everyday lives—in the clubs, the streets, at home, in the shower—through personal letters addressed to dance. In workshops with renowned German choreographers deufert&plischke, children, adults and students, ages 10 to 95, can come together to combine their favorite personal movements into an original performance for an audience of friends, family and the arts community. During two workshops, each free and open to the public, participants will be asked to write a “letter to dance” and to sketch or describe a favorite movement; these letters and movements will become the choreography for a communal dance that will be presented at a final, celebratory ball. On a separate date, deufert&plischke will open up a workshop with the L.A. Women’s Theatre Company to members of the public who wish to observe. Presented by Odyssey Theatre Ensemble and the Goethe-Institut, Los Angeles.
• Saturday, Aug. 11 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Free “Letters to Dance” workshop
• Monday, Aug. 13 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.: Workshop/lecture by choreographers deufert&plischke for the L.A. Women’s Theatre Company — free and open to members of the public who wish to observe
• Sunday, Aug. 19 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Free “Letters to Dance” workshop
• Saturday, Aug. 25 at 5 p.m.: Celebratory communal ball where all “Letters to Dance” participants will perform together to live music by a local musician before an invited audience of family and friends.
2055 S. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90025
• (310) 477-2055 ext. 2 or www.OdysseyTheatre.com
• Visit us on facebook: www.facebook.com/OdysseyTheatre
• Follow us on twitter: @OdysseyTheatre_ and instagram: @odysseytheatre
All events and workshops are FREE; reservations required.