- NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 8, 2022
Contact (for media only): Lucy Pollak
818.887.1499 [email protected]
Theatricum’s ‘Under the Oaks’ salon series is back with
4 musical evenings under the stars in Topanga
Thursdays in September at 8 p.m
Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum presents Under the Oaks, four evenings of music on Theatricum’s spectacular outdoor stage in Topanga.
• Thursday, Sept. 8 at 8 p.m.
Beethoven Under the Stars with “Much Ado About Music”
The evening will feature two early string trios by Beethoven: Trio for Strings in C Minor, Op. 9 No. 3 and Trio for Strings in E Flat Major, Op. 3, performed by Much Ado About Music: Lawrence Sonderling on violin; Anja Sonderling on viola; and Daril Boland on cello.
• Thursday, Sept. 15 at 8 p.m.
Cabaret Theatricum Sings Sondheim
Theatricum company members celebrate the enduring legacy of the great Stephen Sondheim with songs from Sunday In The Park With George, Passion, Gypsy, Sweeney Todd, West Side Story, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum, A Little Night Music, Company, Assassins, Saturday Night and Into The Woods.
• Thursday, Sept. 22 at 8 p.m.
Acoustic Asylum is what happens when you take some of L.A.’s best recording and touring musicians and turn them loose in an organic setting: led by Dan Radlauer on accordion and featuring Carl Verheyen (guitar), Mark Hollingsworth (woodwinds), Dave Marotta (bass), Gordon Peeke (drums) and Megan Shung (violin).
• Thursday, Sept. 29 at 8 p.m.
Musicians and composers The McDaniel Brothers (Marshall on cello and piano, Kellen on viola) return home to Theatricum with modern classical fare influenced by progressive rock, jazz fusion and pulsing electronic music.
Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum
1419 N. Topanga Canyon Blvd.
Topanga, CA 9029
(midway between Pacific Coast Highway and the Ventura freeway)
• Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum is an outdoor space terraced into the hillside of the rustic canyon. Audience members are advised to dress casually and bring cushions for bench seating. Refreshments are available at the venue, and picnickers are welcome before the performances.
• Proof of vaccination or negative test within 72 hours and ID required for admission; masks recommended.
(310) 455-3723 or www.theatricum.com