FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 9, 2019
Press contact: Lucy Pollak
[email protected] (818) 887-1499 (for media only)
‘Anne, A New Play’ extends through
Aug. 5 at Museum of Tolerance
U.S. premiere of Anne, A New Play — Extended through Aug. 5: In celebration of what would have been Anne Frank’s 90th birthday in June, the Simon Wiesenthal Center presents a unique play by Dutch playwrights Jessica Durlacher and Leon de Winter that reframes Anne’s story through an unconventional lens. Produced by five-time Tony award nominee Suzi Dietz, Durlacher and de Winter’s play has been newly adapted for American audiences by Nick Blaemire from a translation by Susan Massotty and is directed by Eve Brandstein.
In this new adaptation of the immortal Holocaust story, 13 year-old Anne Frank imagines her life as a young woman — safe in a post-war world. When she meets a publisher who expresses interest in her story, Anne looks back on the two years she spent hidden away with her family during the Nazi regime. This innovative production eschews traditional sets and costumes to place the audience and actors on the same dramatic plane as the characters — all real people under real circumstances — fighting for their lives, sanity and dreams of the future.
Extended through Aug. 5
• Sundays at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.: July 14, July 21, July 28, Aug. 4
• Mondays at 8 p.m.: July 15, July 22, July 29. Aug. 5
Museum of Tolerance
9786 W Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
(310) 772-2505 or www.museumoftolerance.com
• Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AnneANewPlaySWC
• Follow us on Twitter: @AnneANewPlaySWC and Instagram: @AnneANewPlaySWC
• General admission: $40
• Seniors 62+: $25
• Students (appropriate for ages 8 and up): $20
• Family pack (two adults and up to three children): $100
• Discounted Theater/Museum combo packages available; details at www.museumoftolerance.com
Free in the underground structure