FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact (for media only):
Lucy Pollak [email protected] (818) 887-1499
‘Cino Nights’: 7 new, site-specific plays set in
Larry Edmunds Bookshop – one night only
Purchase of a book gets you in; all proceeds go to the book store
Cino Nights — The purchase of a book or poster gets you into this one-night only, site-specific theatrical event at Larry Edmunds Bookshop. New York’s Rising Phoenix Repertory reprises its popular series in Los Angeles for the first time with seven commissioned, short, world premiere plays — all set in the bookshop — from some of theater’s top contemporary writers. All proceeds go to the bookshop.
Celebrating the spirit of indie theater as a home for new plays and theater artists, Cino Nights is a continuation of the series that Rising Phoenix Repertory produced in New York’s East Village between 2010 and 2013 — which was in turn inspired by Joe Cino and his Caffe Cino, one of the original birthplaces of off-off-Broadway theater and early home to such writers as Doric Wilson, Robert Patrick, John Guare, Sam Shepard, Lanford Wilson and William M. Hoffman. Previous incarnations of Cino Nights and other site-specific work by the company have included new plays performed in the back room of an East Village bar, in Central Park, on the Staten Island Ferry, in the Russian & Turkish Baths and on the West Side Pier, as well as on street corners and in bathrooms and warehouses. Many of the plays in the series have been published in two volumes available at the Drama Book Shop, and many have gone on to acclaimed productions in New York and regionally including at the Manhattan Theatre Club, LAByrinth, Geffen Playhouse and more.
• The Playwrights: Mando Alvarado, Jessica Dickey, Ryan J. Haddad, Brett C. Leonard, Qui Nguyen, Ren Dara Santiago, Alice Tuan
• The Directors: Lovell Holder, Michele Noble, Larry Powell, Thomas Sadoski, Addie Johnson Talbott, Daniel Talbott, Jenna Worsham
• The Acting Ensemble: Aria Alpert, Ian Bamberg, Philippe Bowgen, Kenzie Caplan, Mia Ellis, Natalie Hall, Lily Mae Harrington, Chapman Hyatt, Kurt Kanazawa, Mara Klein, Natasha Liu, Roger Q. Mason, Alessandra Mesa, Susan Louise O’Connor, Mandy Olsen, Oliver Palmer, Skylar Schock and Joey Stromberg
• Presented by Rising Phoenix Repertory, Daniel Talbott, artistic director
Saturday, Nov. 10 at 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 10 at 10 p.m.
Larry Edmunds Bookshop
6644 Hollywood Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Email [email protected] for reservations.
*Seating is extremely limited – you will receive an email to let you know if the reservation is confirmed or if the evening is sold out.
• The purchase of a book or poster from the Larry Edmunds Bookshop
• All proceeds go to the bookshop.