FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 18, 2022
Press contact: Lucy Pollak
[email protected] (818) 887-1499 (for media only)
‘In the Next Room, or the vibrator play’
extends through May 7 at Open Fist
Open Fist Theatre Company extends its critically acclaimed production of In the Next Room, or the vibrator play by Sarah Ruhl through May 7. Set in the 1880s at the dawn of the age of electricity, and based on the little-known historical fact that doctors used vibrators to treat “hysterical” women, this funny, intriguing comedy takes a highly entertaining look at sex, intimacy and gender equality.
• Written by Sarah Ruhl
• Directed by Lane Allison
• Starring by Bryan Robert Bertone, Spencer Cantrell, Christopher Carver, Stephanie Crothers, Monazia Smith, Dionna Veremis, Alexander Wells and Jennifer Zorbalas
• Presented by Open Fist Theatre Company, Martha Demson, artistic director
Performances continue through May 7
• Fridays at 8 p.m.:, April 22, April 29, May 6
• Saturdays at 8 p.m.: April 23, April 30, May 7
• Sundays at 6 p.m.:, April 24, May 1
Atwater Village Theatre
3269 Casitas Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90039
• FREE parking in the ATX (Atwater Crossing) lot one block south of the theater.
(323) 882-6912 or www.openfist.org
• Join us on facebook: www.facebook.com/openfisttheatre/
• Follow us on twitter: @OpenFistTheatre
General Admission: $25
Students, Seniors, Veterans: $15
• Proof of vaccination required for admission.
• Masks must be worn throughout the performance.
• Open Fist Theatre Company ensures that theater ventilation systems are up to the
recommended standard for COVID-19 protection.
• Checkerboard seating (alternating seats and rows