FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact: Lucy Pollak
email@example.com (818) 887-1499 (for media only)
L.A. Theatre Works records Pulitzer Prize-winner ‘Between Riverside
and Crazy,’ directed by Diane Rodriguez, featuring
John Cothran, Ana Ortiz, James Martinez and Seamus Dever
West Coast premiere of Between Riverside and Crazy — In the Pulitzer Prize, Outer Critics Circle Award and Lucille Lortel Award-winning drama by Stephen Adly Guirgis, ex-cop “Pops” Washington and his ex-con son Junior are barely holding on to one of the last great rent stabilized apartments in Manhattan. Pops has his hands (not to mention his apartment) full as he navigates a steady stream of sketchy houseguests and sweats out the impending verdict on his law suit against the police department. A celebration of the glorious contradictions that make up human nature, this rowdy dark comedy looks at the slippery nature of justice and the grit it takes to finally move on. Featuring Seamus Dever (Castle) and Larry Powell (The Christians at Playwrights Horizons).
Each of the five performances at UCLA’s state-of-the-art James Bridges Theater will be recorded live in front of an audience for future radio broadcast, distribution on CD, digital download and online streaming. L.A. Theatre Works’ syndicated radio theater series broadcasts weekly on public radio stations across the U.S. (locally, in Southern California, on KPFK 90.7 FM); can be heard daily in China and around the world on the Radio Beijing Network; can be downloaded as a podcast via iTunes and Wondery.com; and can be streamed on demand at www.latw.org.
• Written by Stephen Adly Guirgis
• Directed by Diane Rodriguez
• Featuring John Cothran (The Last Ship, Murder in the First) as Pops; Larry Powell (The Christians at Playwrights Horizons) as Junior; Ana Ortiz (Ugly Betty) as Lulu; James Martinez (House of Cards) as Oswaldo; Seamus Dever (Castle) as Lieutenant Caro; Emily Swallow (The Mentalist) as Detective Audrey O’Connor; Elisa Bocanegra (Girlfight) as the Church Lady.
• Produced by Susan A. Loewenberg
• Presented by L.A. Theatre Works
• Thursday, Nov. 16 at 8 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 17 at 8 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 18 at 3 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 18 at 8 p.m.
• Sunday, Nov. 19 at 4 p.m.
James Bridges Theater
UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television
235 Charles E. Young Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90095
(enter UCLA from Hilgard just south of Sunset Blvd.; park in Lot 3 on the lower level)