FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact: Lucy Pollak
[email protected] (818) 887-1499 (for media only
Amy Pietz stars as ‘The Goodbye Girl’
for radio, podcast, online streaming
The Goodbye Girl — SAG Award nominee Amy Pietz (Hit the Road, No Tomorrow, The Office, Caroline in the City) stars in the title role when L.A. Theatre Works records Neil Simon’s screenplay for the 1977 Academy Award-nominated, Golden Globe Award-winning romantic comedy. Known as “The Goodbye Girl” because of all the live-in boyfriends who have left her, Paula McFadden and her young daughter, Lucy (Raini Rodriguez of Austin & Ally and Paul Blart: Mall Cop 1 & 2), must make room in their cramped quarters for a new roommate. But can they make room in their hearts for another man who may just walk out that door again?
Each of the five performances at UCLA’s state-of-the-art James Bridges Theater will be recorded live in front of an audience for future radio broadcast, distribution on CD, digital download and online streaming. L.A. Theatre Works’ syndicated radio theater series broadcasts weekly on public radio stations across the U.S. (locally, in Southern California, on KPFK 90.7 FM); can be heard daily in China and around the world on the Radio Beijing Network; can be downloaded as a podcast via iTunes and Wondery.com; and can be streamed on demand at www.latw.org.
• Written by Neil Simon
• Directed by Rosalind Ayres
• Starring Amy Pietz as Paula McFadden, Raini Rodriguez as Lucy and Matthew Floyd Miller as Elliot
• Also featuring Ellis Greer, Anna Mathias, André Sogliuzzo, Inger Tudor, Matthew Wolf and Adam Wylie in multiple roles
• Produced by Susan A. Loewenberg
• Presented by L.A. Theatre Works
• Thursday, Jan. 25 at 8 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 26 at 8 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 27 at 3 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 27 at 8 p.m.
• Sunday, Jan. 28 at 4 p.m.
James Bridges Theater
UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television
235 Charles E. Young Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90095
(enter UCLA from Hilgard just south of Sunset Blvd.; park in Lot 3 on the lower level)