FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press contact: Lucy Pollak
[email protected] (818) 887-1499 (for media only)
Odyssey Theatre’s ‘My Sister,’ starring identical twins
Elizabeth and Emily Hinkler, extends through March 20
My Sister — A smash hit at last season’s Hollywood Fringe Festival, Janet Schaphohl’s story of identical twins in pre-World War II Germany has been expanded and receives a full production at the Odyssey Theatre. In early 1930s Berlin, the days are growing dark for freedom of expression and for those who don’t fit the Nazi ideal of physical purity. Beautiful sisters Magda, a fledgling chanteuse and comedienne at the local cabaret, and Matilde, writer of the satirical songs and comedy for Magda’s act, are identical in every way — except one. Identical genetic makeup. Identical humor. Identical dreams for the future. But cerebral palsy affects Matilde’s movement and speech, leaving her housebound. Für immer zusammen (“together forever”). For how long will that remain possible? An ultimately chilling tale presented with charm and humor.
• Written by Janet Schlapkohl
• Directed by Ron Sossi and Paul David Story
• Starring Elizabeth Hinkler and Emily Hinkler
• Presented by Odyssey Theatre Ensemble, Ron Sossi, artistic director
Continues through March 20:
• Wednesday at 8 p.m.: Feb. 24* ONLY
• Thursdays at 8 p.m.: Feb. 18 and March 3 ONLY
• Fridays at 8 p.m.: Feb. 19**, 26; March 4***, 11, 18**
• Saturdays at 8 p.m.: Feb. 20, 27; March 5, 12, 19
• Sundays at 2 p.m.: Feb. 21, 28; March 6, 13, 20
*Post show discussion on Feb. 24
**The third Friday of every month is wine night at the Odyssey: enjoy complimentary wine and snacks and mingle with the cast after the show.
***March 4 is TWIN NIGHT – bring your twin to the show and get one free ticket!
2055 S. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90025
• (310) 477-2055 ext. 2 or www.OdysseyTheatre.com
• Visit us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/OdysseyTheatre
• Follow us on Twitter: @OdysseyTheatre_
• $25–$34 (reserved seating)
• “Tix for $10” performances: Fri., Feb. 19 (wine night) and Wed., Feb. 24
• “TWIN NIGHT” on March 4: bring your twin to the performance and receive one free ticket.