FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nov. 18, 2021
Press Contact: Lucy Pollak
[email protected] (818) 887-1499 (for media only)
Echo’s powerful, hilarious world premiere of
‘Poor Clare’ gets five extra performances
The world premiere of Poor Clare, Chiara Atik’s powerful and very funny modern spin on the medieval story of Saint Clare of Assisi, extends through Dec. 5 at the Echo Theater Company. Clare is just a regular noblewoman living in 13th century Italy, trying out hairstyles and waiting to get married… until a man named Francis starts ranting in the courtyard. What happens when your eyes are opened to the injustice of the world around you — and you can’t look away?
• Written by Chiara Atik
• Directed by Alana Dietze
• Starring Kari Lee Cartwright, Martica De Cardenas, Tony DeCarlo, Jordan Hull, Ann Noble, Michael Sturgis, Donna Zadeh
• Presented by The Echo Theater Company, Chris Fields artistic director
Extended through Dec. 5
• Wednesday at 8 p.m.: Dec. 1 ONLY
• Thursday at 8 p.m.: Dec. 2 ONLY
• Fridays at 8 p.m.: Nov. 19, Nov. 26. Dec. 3s
• Saturdays at 8 p.m.: Nov. 20, Nov. 27. Dec. 4
• Sundays at 4 p.m.: Nov. 21, Nov. 28, Dec. 5
• Mondays at 8 p.m.: Nov. 29
Echo Theater Company
Atwater Village Theatre
3269 Casitas Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90039
Mondays: $20 in advance; Pay-What-You-Want at the door (subject to availability)
FREE in the Atwater Xing (ATX) lot one block south of the theater
• Proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours will be required of all patrons.
• Admittance limited to ages 12+.
• All current CDC and local guidelines regarding seating and masks will be followed at each performance.