FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact: Lucy Pollak
firstname.lastname@example.org (818) 887-1499 (for media only)
West Coast premiere of ‘Riding the Midnight Express with
Billy Hayes’ sets record straight at Odyssey Theatre
West End, Off-Broadway hit gets limited 3-performance run July 28-30
West Coast premiere of Riding the Midnight Express with Billy Hayes — Billy Hayes recounts the true story of his arrest in 1970 at the Istanbul Airport with two kilos of hashish taped to his body, his time in Turkish prisons and his brazen, harrowing escape from Imrali Island prison in the dead of night. It’s an epic journey of self-discovery: a cautionary, yet uplifting tale of desperation, determination and personal transformation. If you’ve seen the movie, you might think you know Billy’s story. But you probably don’t.
“Engrossing” — The New York Times
“Spellbinding” — Times Square Chronicles
“Prime edge-of-the-seat stuff”-— Curtain Up
• Written and Performed by Billy Hayes
• Directed by Jeffrey Altshuler
• Produced by Barbara Ligeti and Jeffrey Altshuler
• Presented by the Odyssey Theatre Ensemble, Ron Sossi Artistic Director
• Friday, July 28 at 8 p.m.
• Saturday, July 29 at 8 p.m.
• Sunday, July 30 at 3 p.m.
2055 S. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90025
Fridays and Sundays: $25
Discounts available for seniors and students.